Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vacation time?

In a few days, I will be leaving for a wonderful beach vacation. According to this article Americans are getting short-changed when it comes to their vacations. We have a measly 14 days (on average) of paid vacation time, compared to the Italians' 42 days.

Since I am still a minor with no 9-5 job, luckily this does not apply to me. However, it does to my parents, and how can I go on various vacations each year without them?

My advice: when you go on holiday, make sure you spend every single day doing what you went there to do. If you're going to the shore and the weather is permitting, spend the majority of your day basking in the sun rather than shopping at another 200-store mall. And especially do not bring your laptop, PDA, cellphone, etc, except for emergency purposes. In a country where we only receive 14 day of paid absence, it's not worth it to make such a priceless time like another day at the office.

Cheers!
-K.B.

No comments: