Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The cupcake gal

Yesterday I had a sudden urge to bake delicious, icing & sprinkle topped cupcakes. I didn't want them to be the same ol' vanilla batch, though, so I went recipe hunting for a simple vegan cupcake recipe. I found a super-easy one here, on wikiHow; the only difference between this recipe and regular cupcakes was the use of soy milk in place of regular milk, and the use of oil instead of butter and eggs. (*I am neither vegan nor vegetarian, but always love trying out such recipes to see what I can do differently) I then decorated the tops with raspberry and orange frosting and pretty star sprinkles. Unfortunately the frosting itself was not vegan.. I didn't have time to make my own and instead purchased it pre-made.

Today, I ventured into work today, cupcakes in tow, and waited for my coworkers to try them. They liked the denser texture, and subtle sweetness (I used a little less than 1.5 cups of sugar for 24 cupcakes...so I don't really understand why they didn't taste sweeter).

I also figured I'd dress up in a cutsey dress for such an occasion.

Black top & dress: H&M
Pink leather purse: my mom's
White flats: Target



I apologize for the picture overload of moi! I didn't think to take pictures of just the cupcakes. My friend and I decorated them together, and decided to go photo crazy.

-K.B.

4 comments:

Fashion Fleur said...

cupcakes! yum!
i just had some my mother made [: they were banana chocolate!
baking is fun :)

krissy said...

those look really good. i love cupcakes! there's a great cookbook out called "vegan cupcakes take over the world" and the flavours sound amazing. maybe you can find it at your library?

gilda said...

i love that pose of yours. :)

Unknown said...

your mom's pink bag is super cute!! and the cupcakes made me hungry heehe