Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Fall fashion standouts

For some reason, I rarely go on a designer's website to view runway collections...probably because it is just so overwhelming and probably because I fancy too many designers to view regularly. But as I was flipping through the August issue of Vogue, I found some stand-out architectural pieces of clothing, my favorites being from Bottega Veneta and Marc Jacobs' fall collections.

Bottega Veneta Runway Fall 2007

Marc Jacobs Runway Fall 2007
(Photos from Style.com)

The BV skirt suit balances just the right amount of fitted and flouncy; the color reminds me of a crisp autumn day. On the other hand, the MJ look is fitted and completely polished, and the pop of red on the collar is somewhat flirtatious and sexy.

These are only two of many looks I found intriguing in Vogue, and for once I was inspired to learn more by visiting the designers' websites.

-K.B.

No comments: